Wednesday, September 9

All Our Contact Information

We have moved into our apartment as of Monday evening. We only had six suitcases but we still don’t have everything put away. We need Tawnya and Kyle here to help us. I’ve never seen anyone get unpacked as fast as they did. The biggest problem we have is where to put the six suitcases! There is no place. Our apartment came furnished but it came furnished with too much stuff!


Our mailing address is:

Dan & Bonnie Wetherbee
Luis C. Bollo 2925 Apt 102
11300 Montevideo, Uruguay

Our Uruguayan land line phone number is: 011 598 2 710 9495.

May as well publish the rest of our access information here for future use (you know, in case anyone wants to get a hold of us).

United States (Denver) phone numbers which we can answer from our computers are:

Dan      720.310.2052
Bonnie 720.310.2053

If we are not near our computer when you call it will roll over to voice mail and it will send us an email telling us we have a voice mail message.

Our Uruguayan cell phones are:

Dan     011 598 09 716 0250
Bonnie 011 598 09 716 0234

If you have Skype downloaded on your computer our Skype names are:

danwetherbee
bonniewetherbee

After we got internet access yesterday we were calling Tawnya and trying to work out the kinks. Later James called me back all on his own. I’m sure it was a concerted effort on his part to communicate with grandpa, not an accident as Tawnya claims!

Today was a great day. I have tried to start running again and so this morning I took off and ran several miles along the coast and Bonnie discovered at work that since the seasons are reversed here (height of summer is in January) we will be here for their summer break which means she has from December 23 until February 1 completely off!

It is winter weather here and as we have previously commented everyone is bundled up like we were back in Denver in the middle of winter. However the temperatures have only been in the 50s with a few times in the 40s. I did feel a little foolish this morning about going swimming at the beach since I was the only one in the water and the few people walking or running on the beach were all bundled up. I just tell everyone I’m from Canada!

Regrettably our new internet access has been off line all day today so we are sitting in a cyber cafe just a block from home trying to get caught up on our emails.

Gotta go. TTFN

2 comments:

  1. you're running again?? I love running on the beach but my calves end up pretty darn sore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am running again. I figured by now my muscle (which I thought was a groin muscle) should be healed. It has been over a year since I have run. I figure since I am starting new routines in my life I should add exercising. Anyway, the first day I took off with the intention of going until I was to winded to go on. Unfortunately, my Colorado lungs, in spite of how out of shape I am, were able to absorb lots and lots of oxygen from this sea level oxygen concentrated air! I ran out of muscle and never did become winded. I've been running an hour every two to three days and doing some lower back strengthening exercises on the off days. I was sore as all get out at first. I'm a little worried because the lower abdominal pain is back. I stopped sit ups and try to not work the abs too much. It hurts after running- enough that it changes the way I do things such as bending over or getting in or out of a car. I keep hoping it will heal with time. Yesterday I went swimming and today I have sore shoulder muscles to prove it. The last two times I went swimming I was discouraged about not being able to float very well. Yesterday was different. I hope it's not because I have added more lighter density flab, but because the tide was in yesterday so there may have been a greater salinity in the water since we are actually at a point where the fresh river water is meeting and mixing with the ocean water. I'll have to try my theory out over time.

    The water is still very cool here. Yesterday was in the upper 70s but, although there were many more people on the beach, I was the only person in the water. I had the entire ocean to myself!

    ReplyDelete