Thursday, September 10

Good Morning!

Good Morning from South America. It is a beautiful day here, 52 degrees (only 5 degrees cooler than it is in Franktown at the moment!), 58% humidity (Franktown is 70%), and hardly a breeze. (4 mph Vs 0 mph in Franktown).




Looking from our front terrace you can see the Atlantic Ocean should be renamed to the Atlantic Very-Mild-Lake-With-Wimpy-Lapping-Waves Ocean. Shoot- I guess that means no surfing for today!




Uruguay won their soccer game against Colombia last night so everyone seems to be especially happy today. I haven’t figured out all the details, but, simplistically, there is a World Cup Soccer Championship every four years to which different continents send their qualifying teams. The top four South American teams go, while the 5th place team plays the North and Central America 4th place team for a “wildcard” spot. There are only two games left (next month) and Uruguay is in the 6th spot, one point behind 5th (Ecuador)and two points behind 4th (Argentina) so Uruguay needs to win their last two games and get some help from Argentina and Ecuador (they need to lose badly!) in order to make it to qualify for the tournament next year.



It’s a bummer when I see kids like these little guys who could dance around me with a soccer ball and I wouldn’t stand a chance. At least it keeps them in shape. I haven’s seen a fat kid yet.

That's it for now.  Gotta get goin'!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you haven't seen a fat kid. It annoys Chris and me so bad! I believe Uruguay won the first World cup...

    ReplyDelete